Session members will be hosting small group meetings designed to communicate more clearly between session and the congregation, and to begin looking together at the future that God is calling PCOP toward. We hope to open a solid line of communication between members/friends and elders during this time of transition in our congregation’s life - about things that have gone on in the life of the church, and things we feel God’s leading toward. To that end, these meetings will include conversation about the following questions:
· What have you seen God do at or through PCOP?
· How do you experience joy at PCOP? What about PCOP brings you joy?
· What do you wish PCOP could do? (If the church could do one thing next year, what would that one thing be?)
· Is there anything you wish PCOP would just stop doing?
· How would you like your church to help you with your spiritual life/faith journey?
· Do you feel you have a gift or passion that you don’t currently have an outlet for in this congregation?
· Are there things that make it hard for you to participate?
· What do you think is God’s dream for PCOP?
Some of you may have been asked similar questions before, but we hope you will continue to think about them and participate in these small group meetings.
Each small group will be facilitated by two elders and information will be shared with the whole session as we seek to discern how to best heal from some hurts and also to move forward into God’s plans for us.
Please plan to attend!
Saturday March 8, 9-11am,
Thursday March 13, 7-9pm, or
Sunday March 16, 11:30-1:30pm.
If you have questions, please speak to an elder or to Teri.
Sincerely, The Session of PCOP:
Allan G, Bob K, Lyn N, Lisa T, Kelly G, Bruce C, Tom K, George C, Kathy E, Nate P, Josie M.